SAP BusinessObjects Portfollio: Watch this video to learn about the value of the SAP BusinessObjects portfolio. It cover the three primary benefits, and also how it fits together with the role SAP has traditionally played in process excellence. You can benefit from comprehensive features that support everything from flexible ad hoc reporting and dashboards to data integration and performance management.
Make Data-Driven Decisions with BI Technology
- With the rapid changes in today’s market, business, and technology landscape, organizations need today’s business intelligence (BI) platforms to provide real-time performance on big data, insight with trust across business and social data, and instantly available mobile BI.
- And they need BI solutions that are globally ready, easily scalable, and flexibly deployable.
- Imagine if every person in your business could make better choices and decisions every time because of having the necessary information and context.
- It’s no surprise that BI technology that enables data-driven decision making has been a top spending priority for CIOs, and that leading organizations see BI as a mission-critical information infrastructure that is simply a requirement of doing business.
- In today’s fast-moving organizations, BI is essential for consistent execution of strategy by top management, improving customer loyalty, increasing forecast accuracy, and measuring profitability.
- Thus a BI platform must provide an enterprise-wide information infrastructure that allows your organization to make every person, process, and decision more intelligent – and closes the loop between information and action.
Rapid Changes Pushing the Evolution of BI Platforms
- Real-time performance on big data – Data volumes within organizations are exploding. Organizations need to be able to access massive amounts of data. And for many parts of the business, real-time access and alerting is the difference between success and failure.
- Insight with trust across business and social data – Data is no longer just internal operational information. It now includes the sentiment, feelings, and opinions of customers and other people from the Internet and other social media sources such as Facebook, Twitter, and blogs. Both types of data must be captured accurately so that people can trust and use it with confidence in their decisions and actions.
- Instant, powerful BI in your hands – Data consumption is no longer restricted to computers on a fixed network, tying workers to their office. It can now take place on smartphones and tablets, allowing an increasingly mobile workforce to instantly access information, make decisions, and act whenever and wherever necessary.
- The best fit and right size, right now – Solutions that can deal with expanding data, BI requirements, and new delivery methods are only economically viable if they can be deployed and managed while reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) and the demand on IT. This means today’s BI platform must be globally ready, scalable, and agile.
Full Spectrum of BI Functionality
- A successful BI platform must support all the information access, interaction, and analysis needs of the different profiles of users across your organization, all based on a common framework.
- An operational or enterprise reporting solution is ideal in situations where questions are redefined and the structure of each answer is fairly well known in advance.
- The majority of users are information consumers who want snapshots of business activity.
- SAP Crystal Reports® software is the clear industry standard for reporting and helps you design, explore, visualize, and deliver reports via the Web or embedded in enterprise applications.
- Developers and designers create reports that answer the most regularly asked questions (such as account statements, invoices, and regulatory reports) and distribute them to hundreds or thousands of users.
Query and Analysis
- Query and analysis functions empower your users to autonomously answer questions as they arise.
- They are ideal for data analysts and other business users who need self-service information access with moderate-to-high amounts of interactivity.
- This means being able to use intuitive drag-and-drop interfaces to access data from multiple sources, and then drill, slice, and create calculations.
- These activities can potentially include terabytes of data stored in a centralized data warehouse, data marts, multidimensional online analytical processing (OLAP) cubes, on an in memory appliance, or across multiple disparate sources.
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence® and SAP BusinessObjects Analysis software enables your users to identify trends and find root causes from just about any data source including an SAP HANA database, relational databases, and OLAP cubes.
- A range of users – from experienced analysts to mainstream business users – can quickly create queries and perform calculations without understanding complex database schemas or structured query language (SQL).
- Cutting-edge visualization functionality allows users to view two- and three-dimensional charts and hone in on specific areas of focus for more powerful, revealing analysis.
- Reporting, query, and analysis are excellent for business people who have some idea of what they’re looking for.
- Data exploration capabilities are ideal for users who either have a specific question or only a loose idea of what they’re looking for.
- With SAP BusinessObjects Explorer™ software, business users can explore mountains of heterogeneous information at the speed of thought.
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer brings together the simplicity and speed of search with the trust and analytical power of BI to give your users immediate answers to their business questions.
- They can employ familiar keyword searches to find information hidden in data sources, and then navigate and explore the data directly – no existing reports or data structure knowledge are required.
- Dashboard and visualization tools are essential for providing a common view of what’s important to your organization or team, in an intuitive way that encourages a culture of information appreciation and use.
- These tools enhance visibility into organizational strategy, align actions with strategy, and allow your users to track KPIs, assign goals, and collaborate and share knowledge.
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards software is a drag-and-drop visualization tool designed to create interactive analytics for powerful, personalized dashboards with live connections to any data source.
- You can share these interactive dashboards with all of your business users so they can measure their results and progress to take the right actions.
- Your BI platform must provide user capabilities that are intuitive, available on mobile devices, and able to meet the needs of every role and every person in the organization.
- Instant Mobile BI In today’s highly mobilized workforce, the need for timely business intelligence does not end when your people leave the office.
- Your managers must often make time-critical decisions on the road and require real-time visibility into project schedules, available resources, reports, and KPIs.
- Your sales reps need to answer customers’ critical questions quickly to close a deal or stay competitive – answers should not have to wait until the reps return to the office.
- Your service personnel need up-to-date maintenance information to resolve problems without having to make additional on-site visits or contact staffing resources.
- SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI solutions mobilize your enterprise by delivering instant, powerful mobile BI that doesn’t simply replicate what the desktop PC offers, but rather leverages the power of today’s cutting-edge smartphones and tablets to deliver a fundamentally better experience.
- The mobility features in the latest SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions allow analytics to be delivered with visual interactivity and better ease of use.
- The mobile functionality uses features inherent in mobile devices to create the best, yet simplest experience possible.
- You can remotely access your favorite BI content and search and explore across all your real-time data using the intuitive gestures and touch interfaces of your favorite smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device.
- You can leverage the same BI content you work with every day on your desktop – optimized for an engaging, interactive mobile experience.
- Users can intuitively access, navigate, and analyze familiar reports without the need for additional training.
- Reports can be pushed onto the device or pulled by the user, and they are stored on the device for ready access.
- So even if you are on a flight and not connected to a network, you can still review and analyze your company’s critical BI data and stay productive.
- You can also instantly search for and intuitively explore large volumes of real-time data stored in the SAP HANA database or other data found in more traditional data warehouses.
- Human intuition can be augmented with powerful predictive and data-mining capabilities that help to automatically forecast and uncover trends, identify outlying data values, and determine the most important factors influencing your business.
- SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics solutions include market-leading functionality for data mining and predictive analysis, so that data analysts and business users can explore past and present business scenarios, as well as uncover trends and identify outliers to project future outcomes.
Confident Decisions from Structured and Unstructured Business and Social Data
- Your BI platform must be able to bring together all the information, both structured and unstructured, required for confident decision making.
- Unified View of Business and Social Data Traditionally, business insight is derived from transactions, processes, and events from information stored in structured sources, such as operational systems and data warehouses.
- Organizations are now learning that a more complete view of their business – including people’s opinions, thoughts, and ideas – lays untapped on the Web and in e-mail and documents.
- Examples of these unstructured sources include Facebook, Twitter, blogs, news sites, analyst and financial reports, customer call records, and comments residing in customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions provide integrated text analysis and search functionality for all types of data, enabling your organization to combine and complement quantitative information from structured sources with qualitative insight from unstructured and social sources.
- Whether you’re looking at customer sentiment or product feedback across large data sets, powerful extraction, categorization, and summarization functions allow decision makers to better understand customer likes, dislikes, and motivations.
- This process can also be incredibly effective at identifying risks related to compliance and fraud.
- Acquiring, accessing, and analyzing unstructured data via the same reporting, analysis, and dashboard solutions with which your users are already familiar eliminates the need for more training.
Data Trust and Confidence
- Regardless of the type of data they are based on, business decisions are only as good as the quality of that information.
- The most impressive dashboard is worthless if people don’t have confidence in the underlying information.
- Your BI platform must include the ability to detect, monitor, and improve data quality across all the information sources of your organization.
- And providing quality data is not enough.
- Both users and administrators need to know where the data came from and what degree of quality it possesses – so that they know how much confidence and trust they can put in it.
- And while data security is important, so is balancing what information is available to employees.
- Instead, IT has the opportunity to democratize data, making more data available to users and providing them with data quality visibility so that the user community can confidently use a broader set of information in making decisions.
- With the industry’s only common platform for Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and BI, SAP delivers complete, integrated data and BI services, including data profiling; quality; Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL); impact analysis; governance; metadata management; common auditing; security; and more.
- Directly within the BI interface that SAP provides, users can view a data quality score so that they can decide how much confidence they should have in the information.
- In many cases, the quality will need to be impeccable – for example, for regulatory and compliance reporting.
- Other times, the quality need not be quite as high – for example, when someone wants to get a better idea of general market sentiment of a new product offering.
- With this in mind, IT can make more data available to business users, allowing them to decide how to use it via the data quality score.
- Users can also trace the data’s lineage back to its original transaction sources to see where it comes from, when it was updated, and how calculations on it have been computed.
- Both data quality and lineage visibility are built-in functionality requiring no programming and are critical to helping your users gain better trust and confidence in their information.
- Data-savvy users can access more detailed quality information such as data integrity, uniqueness, conformity, completeness, and accuracy.
- This helps analysts get a more complete view of how their information measures up against information governance rules and standards.
Easy Experience for Everyone
- A key goal for BI platforms remains helping you extend the reach of fact-based decisions to all users, not just the estimated 15% that have traditionally used BI tools.
- To do so, BI platforms must include interfaces that everyone finds easy to use.
- This requires interfaces that are much closer to the intuitive usability that people are already accustomed to on the Web.
- And like the common experience found among Microsoft Office applications (such as menu options, copy and paste, and so forth), there should be consistent interoperability across the range of BI functions.
- Finally, your business users need to be able to access information through the familiar interfaces that they already use in their daily work.
- SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions have been designed for unparalleled usability for everyone across the organization, whether they’re using a mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Smartphone and tablet interfaces are designed with familiar layout and swipe-of-the-finger smart gestures in mind.
- All interfaces combine speed and simplicity of search and exploration.
- Users can immediately find the right information as easily as they use Internet search engines so that users can find the right existing BI content and directly explore and answer questions on real-time data.
- The latest SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions also expand on cross-suite interoperability, with new interactive visualizations and menus used consistently across the SAP BusinessObjects BI suite.
- For example, a common ad hoc query and report design experience is maintained across the suite.
- Regardless of which BI tool they are using, users can go into the same query panel to access one or more data sources – even thousands – from a single universe (semantic layer).
- SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions provide personalized relevant information in the environments your business staff members use every day.
- From their desktops, decision makers can use BI “widgets” to monitor key metrics and other information that matters to them.
- We’ve also integrated BI functionality with the Microsoft Office software environment, embedding up-to-the-minute corporate data in secure, sharable Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word documents.
Globally Ready and Adaptive
- The SAP BusinessObjects BI platform can accommodate everything from small, nimble departmental deployments to global deployments required by FORTUNE 500 companies. It lays the foundation for fast, modular use, reducing deployment and maintenance costs.
- Built on a scalable service-oriented architecture (SOA), the BI platform helps your IT department to quickly add BI services and tools to existing deployments while minimizing operation disruptions.
- Multiserver support, fault tolerance, and intelligent load balancing help ensure youcan extend information to all users when and how they need it.
- And by supporting modern 64-bit architectures and virtualization environments, the platform reduces the total cost of ownership.
- Its near-linear scalability is demonstrated by published benchmarks and numerous deployments with user bases greater than 20,000 and even up to 1 million.
- Automated management tools streamline your BI deployment so IT departments can focus on other tasks.
- Comprehensive system administration includes lifecycle management, security, monitoring, diagnostics, and alerting.
- The platform supports more than 20 languages with multilingual BI delivery across geographic locations.
- And it includes .NET, Java, COM, and Web services software development kits so that the platform can be embedded and integrated within portals and other applications.
- This ease of management and extensibility means you can start with a single BI project on one platform and grow to support an enterprise-wide standardization initiative – without jeopardizing system availability.