SAP Data Services for Accurate Analytics: Overview Video
Watch this video to learn how SAP Data Services extends the scope and reach of "Big Data" analytics by accessing relevant data regardless of data type and delivering complete, accurate, and trusted data - empowering both IT and business users to govern data.
Manage data better to gain competitive advantage
- As data sources and volumes proliferate, enterprises that manage and harness their data well hold a strategic, competitive advantage.
- SAP® Data Integrator software, allows your organization to profile, extract, transform, and deliver any type of data anywhere, at any time.
- To gain control over your data, you need an agile and trusted data foundation that rapidly responds to the information demands of operational or analytical processes and systems.
- Such a foundation requires data integration capabilities that help you deliver trusted information across your company.
- You must be able to:
- Provide trusted information
- Deploy with faster time to market
- Access structured and unstructured data
Provide trusted information with Data integration process – extract, transform, and validate
- Growing companies need a constant flow of clean, trusted information for quick decision making.
- You need a single view of your company’s metadata, improved data quality, visibility into the impact of source changes, and the ability to trace data back to the source systems.
- SAP Data Integrator, upholds the quality of your company data with advanced data profiling, so you understand the content, structure, quality, and relationships between tables in your source data.
- The data validation feature, helps you build a firewall between your source and target systems to filter out unwanted data based on your business rules.
- Throughout the extract, transform, and load (ETL) process, the software audits data to verify its integrity.
- And it provides additional data quality functionality, so you can cleanse data from any operational domain (such as customer, product, or service).
Benefit from metadata analysis and integration
- From an IT perspective, metadata analysis is a key benefit of SAP Data Integrator. You can see how a change in source data affects downstream processes and systems.
- Metadata integration with the business intelligence (BI) layer enables end-to-end impact analysis, letting you see the effect of changes in the source systems down to the BI reports and making change management easier in your ETL and BI environment.
- From a business perspective, a huge benefit of metadata integration is data lineage, which allows information consumers to view the context of data in their reports.
- Users can see when data was updated, how it was computed, and where it came from – all the way back to the original transactional source.
- This visibility is critical in helping your users gain better trust in their information and meet compliance requirements.
Reduce IT workload with software designed for ease of use
- An independent analyst study on ETL tools rates SAP Data Integrator, as number one in ease of use.
- With an intuitive development environment, you handle all tasks associated with building an ETL process to significantly simplify and reduce your IT efforts.
- SAP Data Integrator, helps to accelerate and simplify development efforts by building and managing data integration jobs within a single graphical environment.
- A drag-and-drop user interface helps you to quickly build jobs that profile, validate, audit, cleanse, transform, and move data.
- Advanced debugging features let you analyze problematic data through the entire ETL process.
- The smart documentation functionality saves you from having to manually document your work. With SAP Data Integrator, Edge edition, you can perform a complete range of data transformations and processes:
- Text analysis of unstructured data (such as from social media sites)
- Hierarchy flattening for XML files
- XML pipelining
- Pivot and reverse-pivot of rows and columns
- Slowly changing dimensions
- Capturing change data
- Data validation
- Data cleansing (using SAP Data Quality Management (DQM) software)
- When the ETL process is deeply integrated with the BI product used in your data warehousing project, both IT and business users gain benefits such as easy metadata management, simplified and unified administration, improved lifecycle management, and reduced maintenance costs.
- To accelerate BI deployment and simplify change management, the integration software enables you to automatically create and update a semantic layer (or universe).
Access structured and unstructured data
- SAP Data Integrator, helps you connect to structured and unstructured data whether it resides in a relational database, mainframe system, or enterprise application.
- You can take a text string and extract it to a structured format via text analysis functionality.
- In addition, you gain deep metadata-based connectivity to packaged applications from SAP, Oracle, and Oracle’s Siebel, PeopleSoft, and JD Edwards applications.
- Native connectivity is available for virtually all database types or through Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), and you can access legacy mainframe applications.
- SAP Data Integrator, also supports flat files, XML, and Web services.
- If your application is proprietary, you can connect to it using a Java software development kit.
- SAP Data Integrator, offers comprehensive support for Web services and is Web Services Interoperability (WS-I) compliant.
- You can publish or call a batch or real-time data integration job via Web services.
- The software also calls Web service enabled applications to access virtually any data.
- In addition, you can use Web services to get job status (for example, running, success, or error), access logging information (for example, trace, monitor, or error), and start or stop a real-time service.
Increase insight, efficiency, and productivity
- With SAP Data Integrator, insight improves across your organization thanks to a single, trusted view of your data.
- You have timely access to information and can analyze trending when it does the most good.
- Efficiency improves as data moves faster, so you can gain a competitive edge with faster time to market.
- You can raise productivity and lower costs as you simplify and reduce your IT efforts with an intuitive development environment that handles all tasks associated with building an ETL or data quality process.