SAP Postalsoft DQ 8.0 End-of-Life…
Why Change Anything?
It’s been about a year since SAP announced end-of-life on the legendary Postalsoft Data Quality (DQ) 8.0 applications. The ACE, DataRight IQ and Match/Consolidate solutions have been cleansing addresses, standardizing data, and matching and consolidating customer data for over 30 years. The original Firstlogic company established the industry standard for address and data quality. And these rock-solid data quality solutions will continue to live on thanks to the co-innovation agreement between SAP and Firstlogic Solutions. This new roadmap has provided additional options for customers who have grown to love the Postalsoft DQ platform but are now faced with making a change.
Postalsoft DQ 8.0 Upgrade Options
So now what? Well, Postalsoft customers have a lot of excellent options. First, there are about a half dozen address cleansing soft- ware vendors who would love to lure Postalsoft customers to their camp. These are viable solutions with some vendors continuing to offer on-premise solutions while other vendors moving their offerings to the cloud. But who has the time or desire to migrate all of their Jobs by March 31, 2015? And what about the learning curve to bring on a completely new technology? Not to mention the address assignment or matching results… will they be different using a different engine? Why change anything?
Postalsoft DQ 8.0 Upgrade Solutions
Over the course of the past year, Firstlogic Solutions has been successfully upgrading SAP Postalsoft DQ 8.0 customers to the next release of the platform called Firstlogic DQ 9.0. As customers have upgraded to the next release, they have provided valuable feedback and the resounding theme has been of gratitude for providing such a simple upgrade with no change to their business. Below is the list of the top 20 benefits customers have experienced by upgrading to Firstlogic DQ 9.0:
1. Postalsoft DQ 8.0 End-of-Life – Extend the Life of your SAP Postalsoft DQ 8.0 ACE, DataRight IQ & Match/Consolidate platform beyond March 31, 2015.
2. Eliminate Business Disruption – Simply upgrade your existing SAP Postalsoft DQ 8.0 platform to the Firstlogic DQ 9.0 platform without affecting your existing business processing.
3. Leverage Your Investment – Continue to use your existing business processes, applications, scripts and Job-Files without the need for conversion or redevelopment.
4. Simple Version Upgrade – Upgrade Postalsoft DQ 8.0 to Firstlogic DQ 9.0 using a familiar and simple installation process.
5. Same Postalsoft Platform – Firstlogic DQ 9.0 is built from the same SAP Postalsoft DQ 8.0 applications powered by the integrated CASS & NCOALink Certified SAP DQM platform.
6. Same Fault & Status Codes – Continue to use your existing applications dependent on the Postalsoft ACE Fault & Status Codes for application feedback.
7. Same Operating Systems – Continue to run on Windows, Linux, Solaris and the AIX operating systems.
8. Same ACE Job-Files – Continue to use your existing ACE Jobs-Files by simply updating them with the Edjob utility similar to your ACE version 7.9 to 8.0 upgrade.
9. Same DataRight IQ Jobs-Files – Continue to use your existing DataRight IQ Jobs-Files with no changes.
10. Same Match/Consolidate Jobs-Files – Continue to use your existing Match/Consolidate Jobs-Files with no changes.
11. Same Address Directories – Continue to use the same US National and CASS address directories now available via monthly distribution directly from Firstlogic Solutions.
12. Same CASS & NCOALink Certified Address Cleansing – Continue to leverage the same CASS & NCOALink Certified address cleansing engine as embedded in Postalsoft DQ 8.0 and lever- aging your existing NCOALink certification.
13. Same Presort Software Options – Continue to leverage any third party Presort application or service as an independent process of the Firstlogic DQ platform.
14. Same On-Premise Solution – Continue to run your on-premise software to retain control, performance and security of your data and applications with no data limitations or per-record charges.
15. Same Reporting & Statistics Files – Continue to produce the same 3553 CASS and SAP Mover ID NCOALink summary reports and statistics files providing reporting flexibility as experienced in Postalsoft ACE.
16. Zero Learning Curve – Continue to use the same Job-Files and Views interface familiar to your staff.
17. New Software Subscription – Firstlogic DQ 9.0 is based on a new annual software subscription expense model replacing large upfront software license asset investment costs.
18. Subscribe Now & Upgrade Later – Subscribe to Firstlogic DQ 9.0 any time prior to the expiration of your current support agreement, then upgrade from version 8.0 to 9.0 on your schedule.
19. Enhanced Future Roadmap – Firstlogic Solutions is actively building new product features and enhancements to the Firstlogic DQ platform powered by the CASS and NCOALink Certified SAP DQM platform.
20. Trust in Firstlogic Solutions – As the leading SAP Gold Partner specializing in the SAP Postalsoft DQ and SAP DQM platforms, SAP has entrusted Firstlogic Solutions to provide Postalsoft ACE, DataRight & Match/Consolidate customers with upgrade options to ensure business continuity.
The Firstlogic DQ 9.0 Postalsoft platform is the result of a co-innovation agreement between SAP and Firstlogic Solutions. This initiative extends the development and support of the SAP Postalsoft DQ 8.0 software, ensuring the future roadmap for the platform.
As the March 31, 2015 end-of-life date looms, Postalsoft customers should explore all of their options. There are two key questions:
1. Should customers reengineer their address and data quality applications and business processes by implementing a new software tool? Or
2. Do they stay the course and continue to leverage their Postalsoft DQ 8.0 investment by performing a simple upgrade to Firstlogic DQ 9.0? The answer to these questions ultimately depend on a customer’s available time, funding, risk and resources.
About the Author: Ken Kucera is the Managing Principal of Firstlogic Solutions, LLC. Ken has over 30 years’ experience in delivering enterprise software and consulting solutions to customers. Prior to Firstlogic Solutions, Ken led a delivery team at SAP BusinessOb- jects specializing in data quality solutions including Postalsoft DQ 8.0 and SAP Data Quality Management (DQM).
Copyright © 2014 Firstlogic Solutions, LLC - All Rights Reserved. USPS, CASS and NCOALink are trademarks or registered trade- marks of the United States Postal Service.